Kotter International - Could be anywhere in the continental US (Seattle or Boston areas preferred)
The Engagement Leader (EL) is responsible for the successful delivery of a Large-Scale Change Engagement (LSE) by guiding the client through the 8-Step Process for Leading Change.
The EL advises the client in:
The role of senior leaders in large-scale transformation
Identification of resources needed to make an LSE successful
Discovery of their Big Opportunity through an alignment event with senior leaders
- Creating a Sense of Urgency through the use of workshops, curricula, communications and other events
- Pulling Together the Guiding Coalition using Kotter International tools that create a "want-to" group of change agents
- Developing the Change Vision and Strategy with the Guiding Coalition
- Communicating (the vision and strategy) for Understanding and Buy-In and ensuring that senior leaders play a visible and effective role
- Empowering Others to Act by knocking down barriers via the Guiding Coalition
- Producing Short-term Wins that are recognized, captured, published and celebrated
- Never Letting Up by repeating the process to ensure that short-term wins don't cause people to slow down before the vision is realized
- Creating a New Culture by anchoring the change into the culture on a lasting basis
Throughout the Large-Scale Change, the Engagement Team Lead decides how and when resources are to be used in an engagement. Regular ongoing consultation occurs with the KI client team. During the course of an engagement, an Engagement Team Lead’s specific responsibilities are to:
- Know and apply the 8 Steps. Monitor where the client is in the 8-Step Process for Leading Change and the pace at which they are moving through the process, as well as identify and quickly address any barriers that might be preventing the client from moving to the next step in the process.
- Use client and KI resources effectively. Understand the resources dedicated to the engagement by the client, and whether or not more, fewer or different resources are needed at any given point.
- Present and facilitate engagingly and effectively. Communicate the 8 Steps effectively to small or large groups, and facilitate meetings with a client in order to keep the 8-Step Process for Leading Change on track and delivering results.
Key Characteristics for Success
Energetic and enthusiastic about guiding; you inspire and motivate clients on their change journey
- Focused on the success of the client; you are not concerned with taking credit for that success
Exceptional collaboration skills; you are a team player, as well as a strong mentor and developer of other people
Results oriented; you are highly committed to leading successful large-scale change initiatives within the corporate environment
You are a highly effective communicator, especially in working with remote/virtual teams
Proactive; you think ahead, ask questions to clarify, if necessary, but don’t wait for a crisis before acting/have to be told what to do
True to your word; if you say they are going to do something, you do it or communicate with those who can help in a timely manner
You are respectful of clients and KI colleagues
- Confident and secure in your own standing; you are not one to put your own ego and needs before others
Entrepreneurial; you tolerate ambiguity well and are able to improvise when faced with a new and uncertain situation
Pleasant to be with; you create and maintain positive relationships
Optimistic, polite and flexible; you aim to do your best
Good on your feet; you are able to speak well contemporaneously
- Superb presentation; you have impeccable speaking, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
You are familiar with John Kotter’s 8-Step Change Process and general body of work
Previous experience implementing Kotter’s work inside organizations is a plus, but not necessary
Professional pedigree (Master’s degree or some kind of advanced degree) is a plus but not necessary if you have sufficient experience
Kotter International brings the personal involvement of Dr. John Kotter, the world’s leading expert on organization change, together with world-class practitioners in change leadership to transform the way organizations pursue large-scale change initiatives. Kotter International’s advisory approach is to walk alongside the senior management team of an organization for a period of time to guide them in the use of Dr. Kotter’s 8-step process for change – producing needed change faster, better, more efficiently and more effectively. At the same time, our objective is to leave behind the competency for leaders at all levels within the organization to adapt to and lead future change. This “walk alongside and leave behind” approach is unique to Kotter International, and extremely powerful in making a difficult change happen today while leaving the organization more capable of dealing with change in the future.
Posted: May 16, 2011
Functions: Training, Consulting, Other, Education
Industries: Management Consulting
Compensation: Market competitive
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.